Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spendy weekend













While Jason was at annual training, one of the soldiers mentioned he might want to get a pedicure to take care of the wreck his feet had become after being forced into army boots for a solid two weeks. The soldier testified to the greatness of having a pedicure every once in a while, and Jason has known other soldiers to be pedi-positive as well. I saw my "in."

"I'll find a pedicure place and go with you if you want," I innocently encouraged. "We could do it this weekend." He didn't say no, so I started making plans. After all, I reasoned, I might as well get one done while I can still see my feet and appreciate it!

On Saturday, we headed to Christine's in Blue Springs. The girls that worked on us weren't too surprised when I said that Jason was getting a pedicure, but we definitely got some raised eyebrows when I picked pink polish for his toes. Jason just laughed and said it was his first time, so he might as well go big. After the pampering, I put my flip flops on, but Jason walked to the car barefoot because his polish wasn't dry.

It still wasn't dry by the time we got to the mall, but he put on his shoes and socks anyway. We ate at the brand-new Noodles and Company in the mall. I am so excited they finally opened a restaurant near us! We picked up some cheap clothes at Old Navy, grabbed a coffee at Barnes and Noble and got some ice cream from Cold Stone.

All in all it was an awesome Saturday!

No comments:

 
web tracking software