Monday, December 28, 2009

The Fight

Jason and I had a fight. It certainly wasn't the first, and I know it won't be the last, but it was more intense than previous squabbles. We both yelled. I cried. I thought about leaving to stay with a friend, but instead I barricaded myself in the bedroom with a new crochet project and old Christmas movies to make me feel better. I was so upset that I couldn't get to bed until 3 a.m. Jason chose to sleep in the living room. The next day I stayed in bed, leaving only to sneak meals and snack on chocolate.

In the end, it lasted fewer than 24 hours. We each had gotten some space after the cramped Christmas holiday and had time to ourselves to do what we wanted. Time apart, that's what we needed. We yelled some more, but this time we listened, understood, and eventually apologized.

I don't like fighting, especially with Jason, but sometimes it's important because it helps you learn things. It helps you learn things about the other person and yourself....

No comments:

 
web tracking software