Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let your light shine!

I'm a sucker for lighting displays around the holidays. Probably because I'm too cheap to put up my own lights! Anyway, we're lucky that we have a couple of friends who are familiar with the area to show us the Christmas ropes. Mandi and Jason Holderieath took us to a Blue Springs neighborhood that not only had a display that told the Christmas story of Jesus' birth, but chronicled his life story of learning, teaching, being crucified and rising again. We also went to Christmas in the Park at Longview Lake Park. It took us TWO hours to get into the park (we went on the weekend), but it was the biggest display I had ever seen! Snowmen doffing their hats, skiers on snowy peaks, Peanuts characters ice skating. I'm sad that I didn't get any photos, but next year I'll be prepared!

No comments:

 
web tracking software