Monday, March 1, 2010

Interested in Temple Grandin

I recently heard Temple Grandin in an interview on NPR while I was driving in the car. It was really interesting to hear her answering questions about her experiences with autism and the work she did to revolutionize slaughterhouses and working with livestock. She's pretty much a legend! I remember Dad talking about her research while I was growing up. We even implemented some of her suggestioned handling techniques on the farm, and they really helped keep the cattle calmer and reduced the injury rate of the workers.

She's been in the spotlight recently because of a new HBO movie in which Claire Danes plays Temple. Her story is inspiring, and I can't wait to see it! You can find out more about this in a NY Times article. And if you can't get enough of Temple, check out her lecture at the TED Conference.

No comments:

 
web tracking software