Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday

Jason got home a little bit early from his office's holiday party. They exchanged gag gifts, but he got a surprisingly fitting one. He is a spreadsheet wizard and loves his coffee. Kudos to the person who picked it out!





For dinner, I was craving some homecooked goodness, so I whipped up some potato casserole and meatloaf. Then Jason and I settled in to watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Sigh. My mom's meatloaf recipe is the best. Check it out:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 c. rolled oats
  • 2 tsp. minced onion flakes
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 c. tomato juice/sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Mix well and place in loaf pan. Mix 1/4 c. ketchup and 1/4 c. brown sugar to form topping. Cover top of meatloaf with topping and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.

Mmm...definitely my go-to for comfort food. What's your favorite comfort food?

No comments:

 
web tracking software