Thursday, June 16, 2011

Soren Update: 7 months

Soren is growing. He weighs in at 21 pounds this month and is 29-29.5-ish inches long. I would tend to attribute this to the meat we've introduced into his diet, but I think there's a growth spurt that usually happens around this time.

I'm sure Soren would like us to inform you that he is no longer a baby. He is trying to consolidate naps, only sometimes unsuccessfully. He is sitting by himself quite well and is showing signs of wanting to move. Instead of crawling, though, he would rather indicate to us that he wants to move or for us to put a toy within reach, so he doesn't have to stretch for it. He also would rather have us help him up so he can try to walk.


Being a big boy also means he gets big-boy food. Soren has started to show interest in what Mama and Daddy are eating and is less content with his own food. He lunged at Daddy's stir-fry just the other night. We've started cutting up soft foods for him in addition to his lovely purees.

Our new toy is foil this month. I didn't realize how bad of a mama I was when pitched the Dove chocolate wrapper, but Soren let me know right away. When I finally figured out what had happened, I fished another piece of candy out of the bag so I could give him a shiny new foil square and made a mental note to start saving the foil for him. Soren also loves when we get fajitas at the local Mexican restaurant; then he gets to play with two BIG pieces of foil that covered our tortillas.

No comments:

 
web tracking software