Wednesday, August 12, 2009

311th HHD Family Day

The 311th had its first family event since Jason had been named commander - a lunch in the park followed by swimming at the pool. As the commander's wife, I wasn't really sure what was expected of me. I knew families were supposed to bring food. So, I put together a fruit tray, bought a small vegetable tray, made some Rice Crispie Treats and iced tea, and rounded up a cooler full of popcicles. Plus I brought some non-pool toys for the kids.

The final formation was at the picnic in the park. Half the guys were in uniform and half had already changed for the pool. Some awards were handed out before food. Strangely, not a lot of people brought food to add to the hot dogs supplied by the Family Readiness Group. The kids also enjoyed playing with the toys I brought.

Then we headed to the pool. Jason and I had fun. He took a few turns on the diving board and we went down the water slides together. Unfortunately, I found out that Jason is not a good sunscreen applier; my back and shoulders took on an oddly shaped burn.



No comments:

 
web tracking software