Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Making crayons

On the Schad Farm, we had a lot of crayons, both full-size and small pieces, chunks and nubbins of color, that were leftovers from when the Schad kids were children. When I was home, I rescued a bucket of them to give them new life. I put the pieces into a greased muffin pan and baked them at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes. After the pan cooled, I just dumped the crayons out. As easy as that! I've bagged a few sets of the new heart-shaped crayons and am looking for a place to donate them. If you know of a classroom, church group or local youth organization that could use them, please let me know.

1 comment:

Tina (Surface) Nemeth said...

I used to do this at the school all the time and the kids love them. Any headstart or school would love to have them and the kids will love to recieve them :)

P.S.
Congrats on Jason coming home safely!

 
web tracking software